On December 17-18, the coworking center Deworkacy.Krasny Oktyabr hosted the final of MOSGORTECH, a competition of young innovators from all over Russia.
Out of more than 380 unique projects submitted to the competition, the jury selected 28 most commercially viable solutions that can be implemented in the city.
The top 28 teams from various cities of Russia showcased their solutions in a number of categories, including safe living environment, population mobility and transportation infrastructure, intelligent resource management systems, new technologies and materials, hi-tech retail, commercial recycling and waste management, and financial IT platforms and services.
The jury board was comprised of representatives Moscow Agency of Innovations, the founding organization of MOSGORTECH, and its partners: Enel Russia, S&P Capital, Moscow Department of Environmental Management and Protection, State Conservation Center, QIWI Group, and Russian Technical Society.
Seven teams were named the winners of the competition. Jointly with the partners of MOSGORTECH they will test their innovations under actual operating conditions in Moscow's infrastructure. In addition, the winners will also have a two-month free access to Deworkacy to fine-tune their solutions.
Seven more teams received honorable mentions and a chance to improve their projects leveraging the expertise of one of the competition partners.
The winning projects of MOSGORTECH:
• In the category New Technologies and Materials: Processing Oil-Contaminated and Fat-and-Oil Sediments with Natural Surfactants (the partner – Enel Russia)
• In the category Intelligent Resource Management Systems: EnesFilter, an innovative energy saving device (the partner – Enel Russia)
• In the category Hi-Tech Retail: BestPlace, a high-precision forecasting service to assess the trade potential of commercial property (the partner – S&P Capital)
• In the category Commercial Recycling and Waste Management: Manufacturing Amorphous Silica from Bottom Ash Waste of Coal Power Stations (the partner - Russian Technical Society)
• In the category Population Mobility and Transportation Infrastructure: UNA Electric Attachment to Wheelchairs with the “Accessible Environment” App (the partner – Russian Technical Society)
• In the category Safe Living Environment: SA-Based Cloud Service to Analyze the Quality of Drinking Water (the partner – Russian Technical Society)
• In the category Financial IT Platforms and Services: Machinomi, a distributed micropayment platform for the Internet of Things (the partner – QIWI Group)
An honorable mention from Enel Russia was awarded to the project Processing Bottom Ash Waste, also a runner-up in the category Commercial Recycling and Waste Management.
Another MOSGOTECH partner, Russian Technical Society, awarded honorable mentions to the following projects:
• Lean Way: Innovations in Road Construction, in the category New Technologies and Materials
• Iqnergy, in the category Intelligent Resource Management Systems
• Antimarket, in the category Hi-Tech Retail
• MARINA High-Precision Automatic Circular View License Plate Recognition System, in the category Population Mobility and Transportation Infrastructure
• Motion Activity Monitoring for Functional Status Assessment, in the category Safe Living Environment
• YedEm-YedIm, a food delivery service for motorists, in the category Financial IT Platforms and Services
More information about the projects is available at mosgortech.ru.